Halloween 2020 will truly be one to remember. We recognize that you may choose to celebrate despite the pandemic. So let’s unleash our Halloween inspiration — celebrating the season in safe, fun, unexpected ways. We can enjoy Halloween in the midst of quarantine. Whether we are trick-or-treating, or at home with a scary movie, Halloween is on! But let’s make sure to keep ourselves, our family and our community safe.
Here are tips for a safer celebration:
- Mask-up. There has never been a better time for a spooky mask! Get creative, match your mask to your costume, or make it as scary as possible. You still need to wear one.
- Maintain physical distance. If you go out with friends, or stay in, make sure you stay six feet apart. And maybe an extra couple of feet from the scarier costumes?
- Don’t share candy! This is the perfect excuse to hoard your favorite candy this year. So keep the candy to yourself and don’t share candy with friends.
- Be selective. Find areas participating in safer practices like providing candy with no or minimum contact or wearing gloves.
- Wash your hands. Be sure to wash your hands before and after trick-or-treating. For added safety, bring hand sanitizer with you as you collect your candy.
- Stay home if you’re sick. If you’re not feeling well it’s best to sit this one out. Let’s keep everyone safe. Maybe enjoy a Halloween movie at home instead.
COVID-Halloween doesn’t sound so bad, right? Mask-up, stay apart, hoard your candy, wash your hands and stay home if sick.